Bishop Wright released these steps to take action in healing our nation on 11.9.20. In this episode, Melissa and Bishop Wright unpack these steps.
1. Pray for the nation; pray for President Trump and for President-elect Biden.
2. Be kind in speech and actions especially with those with whom you disagree.
3. Grant Jesus’ request to “ pray for enemies and bless those that curse you.”
4. Use your social media platforms only for positive, non- aggressive, encouraging and constructive purposes.
5. Refuse to pass along information as truth that does not bear the marks of good scholarship and fairness.
6. Reflect on and relinquish your need to feel and behave as superior to other members of the American family.
7. Schedule a conversation with a family member or co-worker who sees the world differently and be curious rather than defensive or combative.
8. Accept responsibility for making the country and the world better, kinder, healthier, safer, cleaner and more just.
9. Commit for three years to an organization whose purpose is to bring equity to the American family.